Directions Health Services
Click here to download a copy of the Position Description.
Directions Health Services is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a range of integrated services and programs for people affected by alcohol and other drug issues, their families, and the wider community. Our Arcadia House program operates as a Therapeutic Community, is based on a harm minimisation approach in which the community itself, through self-help and mutual support, is the principal means for promoting personal change. Arcadia House manages withdrawal, transition and day programs and has both residential and day programs.
This is a permanent, part-time (9 day/72 hour fortnight) position based in Bruce, ACT, providing community-based treatment, case management and support for clients impacted by alcohol and other drug issues and access to the Directions suite of programs.
- Provide case management, and work collaboratively with clients to create comprehensive treatment support, and exit plans
- Provide group facilitation, crisis support, and clinical work with clients in accordance with Therapeutic Community and Harm Minimisation principles
- Collect and maintain data and documentation in an accurate manner
- Promote and contribute to a continuous quality improvement framework
What we offer:
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary plus superannuation, commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17½% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
What we would like you to have:
- Experience in the Alcohol and Other Drug sector
- Qualification or currently studying towards a qualification, in Counselling/Social Work/Psychology/Nursing/other relevant field and/or Cert IV in Alcohol and Other Drug Work
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of substance use on clients and family members/friends, and good working knowledge of effective treatment and support options and harm minimisation strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Group facilitation skills
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
All appointments will be conditional upon having a WWVP check, current First Aid and CPR certification, and a satisfactory National Police Check.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Directions’ HR on 02 6132 4841 or Meg Diggle on 02 6129 5950, or alternatively you can email [email protected]