Website Directions Health Services
Althea Wellness Centre, Directions Health Services, 1 – 3 days per week (casual or permanent part time)
Althea Wellness Centre provides primary clinical care and support to vulnerable clients with complex needs, and their family members/significant others. The service is primarily designed to meet the needs of people who have current or past substance use issues and/or other complex needs, who do not have a regular GP or are unable to have their needs met in mainstream health services.
Our advanced practice nurses work in our Woden clinic and various outreach locations in a supportive multidisciplinary team environment that includes GPs and allied health staff, as well as other Directions program staff, to facilitate an integrated holistic response.
- Provide comprehensive primary health care to centre-based and outreach clients, whose health is impacted by current or past alcohol, tobacco and other drug use, mental illness or other health concerns, including health promotion and prevention activities, screening, early intervention, acute care and chronic illness support
- Work collaboratively with Althea team members and other Directions staff members to support a comprehensive and holistic approach to meeting clients’ needs
- Maintain professional and clinical standards in relation to service delivery, handover, documentation and confidentiality and actively participate in CQI and risk management processes
- Advanced Practice Nurse registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience, preferably including experience working with vulnerable communities or in a community or general practice setting
- Willingness to actively engage vulnerable clients within a trauma informed framework
- Demonstrated knowledge of primary health care, including complex health issues commonly experienced by vulnerable population groups.
- Demonstrated awareness of the health impacts of long term alcohol and drug use, including sound knowledge of blood borne viruses, liver disease and treatment options, based on a philosophy of harm minimisation
- Proven clinical competency in undertaking general health assessments including immunisation, venepuncture, pathology specimen collection, wound and vein care
- Demonstrated ability to work competently as an autonomous practitioner while also being able to work cohesively within a multidisciplinary team
- Unrestricted Class C Drivers Licence
All appointments are conditional upon a satisfactory AFP Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People registration and Australian citizenship or suitable rights to work in Australia.
For information, please call Ali Loom, Practice Nurse Coordinator or Kellie Pledger, HR and Operations Manager on 02 6132 4800. To download the Position Description, please go the Directions Health Services website http://www.directionshealth.com/career-opportunities/
Applications close: 18 August 2022